We invite each of our members to consider how you may become more involved with our chapter next year. We strongly encourage anyone who is interested to join our Board. Scroll down for positions and short descriptions.
Serving on the ATD Long Island Board of Directors is an excellent way to enhance your leadership capabilities, build your network within the Talent Development community, and deepen your understanding of the trends underway in our industry.
Board Leaders are elected to one-year terms.
Want more details? Feel free to contact any of the current Board members.
To apply for a Board position, please email ATDLongIsland@gmail.com with a short letter indicating the position/s you are interested in, an explanation of your skill set and experiences which prepare you to fulfill the position, and a brief bio. Attach a current copy of your resume/CV, if available.
Following are brief descriptions of Board positions . To serve as an elected Vice President or Director you must be an ATD Long Island member in good standing.
Vice President - Finance
- Ensure the Chapter's sound financial status.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Advise the Board on fiscal policy.
- Collect and be custodian of all funds.
Vice President - Communications & Marketing
- Strengthen the ATD LI Brand by engaging membership and creating a community environment that fosters a common passion for talent development and collaboration between Chapter members
- Market and promote ATD Chapter benefits to individuals and corporations for the purpose of growing the membership.
- Prepare and execute the Chapter marketing, communication, and social media engagement plans.
- Publish newsworthy Board and Chapter activities through social media outlets and any other similar technology utilized by the Chapter.
Vice President - Programming (In-Person Events)
- Develop program goals to meet Chapter needs (with VP Programming Virtual Events).
- Identify relevant topics and qualified speakers for membership meeting presentations.
- Arrange in-person programs for Chapter meetings, including meeting logistics
- Create and distribute meeting notices
Vice President - Programming (Virtual Events)
- Develop program goals to meet Chapter needs (with VP Programming In-Person Events).
- Identify relevant topics and qualified presenters for virtual events
- Arrange virtual programs, including session logistics
- Create and distribute meeting notices.
- Manage membership activities for all ATD Long Island members
- Compose communications sent to members; process ATD Long Island membership applications
- Recruit new National and Chapter members from the private and public sectors.
- Retain and provide membership services to members.
Finance Committee includes:
- Director of Strategic Partnerships/Oversight
Membership Committee includes:
- Director of New Member Orientation
- Director of Student Outreach and Student Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Director of Membership ( includes membership drives)
- Director of Certifications
Programming Committee includes:
- Director Speakers for in-house events
- Director Logistics
- Director Virtual Events
- Director Event Calendar
Marketing and Communications Committee includes:
- Director of Social Media ( includes SEO)
- Director of Technology ( includes all website design and maintenance)
- Director of Marketing ( includes emails, promotional items, promote events, newsletters)
**Note: Although you may apply for a specific Board position, we may ask you to consider taking on a different role based on your skills, experience, and Board needs.